Friday, February 1, 2008

The Place Inside of Me

The lonliest place in the world,
The only place where I can be alone,
The only place where I can be me,
A place where I can scream,
A place where I can cry,
It is a place deep down inside,

Sometimes I dream of leaving this place,
Just to see what it is like,
Are other places as lonely as mine?
What would it be like,
To see things through their eyes,
But it would be impossible,

Sometimes my place seems so small,
But then I discover something new,
There is something every day,
The more I discover,
The lonlier I feel,
I wish I wasn't so alone,

I am traped in my place,
There is no way out,
I want to get away,
From the things that haunt me,
All that has past,
All that will be,

As I sit alone in my place,
I am safe,
From those who hurt,
They can't get into my sanctuary,
They can't get into my prison,
They can't be inside of me.

No comments: