Thursday, January 31, 2008

Window of Life

When I look through my window,
I see my best friend smiling,
We are telling each other secrets,
And we cant stop laughing,
Then I blink,
The picture changes,
Its her again,
This time she is older,
We are sitting in our dorm room,
We are talking about our classes,
I blink,
We are walking through a park,
There is a guy with us,
They are holding hands,
I blink again,
Flowers are falling,
Doves are flying,
She is standing at the alter,
She looks so beautuiful in her dress,
I am standing beside her as the Maid of Honor,
She says the words,
"I do,"
I blink again,
Once again we are in a park,
But this time I have somebody holding My hand,
She introduced us,
He is her husbands best friend,
I smile at this picture,
Then I blink,
We are standing under a tree,
It is perfect,
I am whering a white dress,
He is whering a tuxedo,
As I speak the famous words,
"I do"
She starts to smile,
I blink,
Our children are out in the yard playing,
They are inseparible,
Just like us,
I blink again,
The window is starting to get brittle,
The children have grown and gone,
We both miss them quite alot,
I blink as a tear falls from my eye,
We are visiting hallowed ground,
Our husbands have passed,
They were great men,
This is a sad picture,
I have to blink away the tears,
There we are again,
Sitting in two wheelchairs,
I am racing her,
Down the nursing home hallway,
Just reliving the old days,
I smile and laugh,
Our window is starting to crack,
We are fading,
I am crying as the window breaks,
I close my eyes,
And then I smile as I realize,
No matter what happens,
We will be best friends forever.

No comments: