Thursday, June 7, 2007

What I Remember About 8th Grade

I remember making friends
And losing some too.
I remember eating lunch,
Spicy chicken sandwiches were my favorite!
I remember shelving books in the library,
It helped me sort my thoughts.
I remember walking from class to class,
Swerving through the crowds.
I remember band,
I was first chair Trombone.
I remember going to Carowinds,
It was raining, I got sooo wet.
I remember going to Washington D.C.
Going to bed late, waking up early.
I remember Career Club,
Oh how I am going to miss Mr. Mackey.
I remember the manners meal,
The soup was way to hot.
I remember registering for high school,
I'm going to be swarmed with two honors classes.
I remember doodles,
No paper was safe from my imagination.
I remember all those tests!
The studying and worrying.
I remember field day,
My class got fourth place.
I remember building rockets,
Mr. Caldwell finally let us shoot them off.
I remember sketching a woolly mammoth in art class,
Mr. Price put it in an art gala.
I remember copying notes,
I could never quite read Mr. Wilson's handwriting.
I remember Mrs. Warfle leaving,
And Ms. Jones coming.
I remember doing labs,
Mrs. Simms always wanted us to participate.
I remember Mrs. Jackson,
Math was my best subject this year.
I am going to miss everything about eighth grade,
I wont ever forget.

No comments: